This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orphaned Control Module

Whenever I try and configure the monitor (either through "System Settings" or "kcontrol"), nothing happens.

In "kcontrol", if I click on "Peripherals" --> "Monitor and Display", it just reverts to the generic KDE Control Center screen. When using Kubuntu's "System Settings" and I click on "Monitor and Display", I get an error message that says the module could not be loaded and a possible reason is an orphaned control module.

If I modify the "xorg.conf file" manually, is there any real need to have this control module functioning? Is this a symptom of a different problem?

Thanks.
    Ernie Grossmann<br />Opening doors, closing Windows.......<br />AMD Athlon X2<br />Asus K8, 2 GB PC 3200 RAM<br />Using Kubutu 10.10

Re: Orphaned Control Module

I'm going to direct you to Missing Control Center modules? While it may not be exactly identical to your problem, it may shed light on what's wrong and what to do to fix it. It's a long thread, so go through it completely (at least once) to get a feel for what is being discussed.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Re: Orphaned Control Module

Originally posted by Snowhog
      I'm going to direct you to Missing Control Center modules? While it may not be exactly identical to your problem, it may shed light on what's wrong and what to do to fix it. It's a long thread, so go through it completely (at least once) to get a feel for what is being discussed.
      Well, I'm not sure if I'm more confused now or in better shape than some. Since my X server works okay and I know how to edit the file manually, I'll just let it alone. Maybe an upgrade to Gutsy will fix it.

Thanks!
      Ernie Grossmann<br />Opening doors, closing Windows.......<br />AMD Athlon X2<br />Asus K8, 2 GB PC 3200 RAM<br />Using Kubutu 10.10

Comment

Working...
      X