X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

malformed url?what's this?

Hello:Nooby 6mos.
    Could someone tell me what the error message (malformed url remote:/.)means?
    When i try to open REMOTE PLACES from task bar this error is what i get,no net work places?
    I would appreciate a response.
    Regards sboogy.PS running fiesty fawn.

Re: malformed url?what's this?

It literally means the form of the Uniform Resource Locator command contains an error or errors. Here's a lot of information about URLs, if you're interested:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/URL_normalization

Do any web sites work from your computer? Is your Internet connection working correctly? Is you network card configured correctly in your PC? It's a little hard to tell exactly what the problem might be -- you'll have to troubleshoot it and see if you can narrow down to a more specific problem description.

Comment

When clicking on System Menu | Remote Places, Konqueror should open with this URL:
      system:/remote
      That's what it's supposed to be. What is displayed in the URL window when you make this selection?
      Windows no longer obstructs my view.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thank you DIBL&SNOWHOG for your quick response.
        My internet connection is working fine and everything except this quick launch button(remote places)i used to be able to get to my network from this icon,but not now.This happened after i had to reinstall fiesty after trying to upgrade to gutsey bad idea.I have a home network,2 xp machines and 1 linux.I can get to the xp machines from samba but not from the icon in the lower task bar.Is there a terminal fix for this problem?I think on reinstall the link to these programs got lost.Hope i made myself clear.
        Regards sboogy

Comment

Try

remote:/

as a url in Konqueror.

Comment

If that works for you then in Konsole:

kdesu kate /usr/share/apps/systemview/remote.desktop

Navigate down the the file to the Path entry and change it to

Path=remote:/

Comment

Hi!gilf:
              When i run (remote:/ in konqueror )it says that no file exists.So what do i do now.Thanks for your quick response.
              Regards sboogy.

Comment

Try what snowhog suggested for a url in Konqueror.

(You didn't mention if that came up when you clicked on the remote icon.)

If that works, you can try following the procedure in my second post to make it permanent in the path.

ps. I have a largely new and non-updated Feisty 7.04. My pointers are all like:

remote:/

not

Comment

Working...
                X