This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CollabCAD anyone?

Has anyone tried to install Collabcad (www.collabcad.com).

It looks to be one of the very few complete 3D drafting and modeling packages available free for Linux.

It comes in a LiveCD Knoppix clone form, a tgz tarball, and an RPM. I've tried the knoppix LiveCD which works, but don't like the knoppix clone (niclinux). I'd like to see it on Kubuntu. I'm thinking about trying to comile it with the tgz tarball, but have only compiled once before, and that was difficult.

The other route would be to use alien on the RPM package -- but that package is huge (>600 megabytes) and I wonder if I could alien it with only 512Mb of memory.....

Anyway, if anyone else is interested in trying to do an install in Kubuntu, I'd like to hear from you.

Also anyone else more experienced in compiling.

Thanks!

Re: CollabCAD anyone?

Looks like an interesting project, but I couldn't get past the license agreement. It looks like they are trying to bait testers and debuggers for their proprietary code. I wish there was more in the open source realm for solid modelling cad packages. I would love to tell Unigraphics to shove their ridiculous maintenance fees. I wish I was coding on linux for an open source cad instead of on windows for Unigraphics.
    FKA: tanderson

Comment

Working...
    X