This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K3B and MP3 Support

I've been trying to get K3B to rip cd's to Mp3 files with no luck. I downloaded and installed the MP3 support as recommended on here and elsewhere but when I try to rip a cd I get the error messages "command failed: lame -h --tt"........... and "error while encoding track 1"

I tried to install another ripping program KAudio Creator but that one doesn't want to do Mp3's either.

Suggestions are appreciated.

Re: K3B and MP3 Support

For k3b you need the "libk3b2-mp3" package for mp3 support. You probably want to get "lame" as well.

eriefisher
    ~$sudo make me a sandwich

Comment

Thanks but as I wrote, I already have the latest version of libk3b2-mp3 installed. It seems to make no difference.

Comment

As you can see from the error, that the program is trying to call lame. Do you have lame installed? Seems like I had to install libmad0 for something related to mp3's. You can try that.
        FKA: tanderson

Comment

Originally posted by tanderson
          As you can see from the error, that the program is trying to call lame. Do you have lame installed? Seems like I had to install libmad0 for something related to mp3's. You can try that.
          Looks like I have libmad0 installed as apt-get install yields this output: "libmad0 is already the newest version.
          libmad0 set to manual installed."

I wonder what set to manual means and if it should be set to auto or something else?

Comment

You need LAME to rip CD's to MP3.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CDRipping
            Jucato's Data Core

Comment

Originally posted by Jucato
              You need LAME to rip CD's to MP3.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CDRipping
              apt-get install lame did the trick, thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X