• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to access manage repositories in adept

Hi
    Im new to the linux community.
    Ive installed kubuntu 7.04 fiesty fawn. Ive updated it as well
    I wanted to upgrade to the new 7.10 version.
    -> first of all, is it advisable for me to switch to 7.10?.. im new.. so i dunno the merits/demerits
    -> secondly, when i click on manage repositories in adept.. which i need to upgrade.. it only fetches
    the new updated list of packages.. and it doesnt open up the window where i can manage

Is there anything that i can do to restore its functionality?

Thanks in advance

Re: Unable to access manage repositories in adept

Originally posted by terrordrone
    -> first of all, is it advisable for me to switch to 7.10?.. I'm new.. so i dunno the merits/demerits
    I'd say That depends on third-party apps (not in pre-configured repositories) you have installed. In my case, it was MoBlock (worked without problems, but installing new will downgrade from 0.8.24 to 0.8.21, author is fixing the issues) and vmWare server (upgrading the kernel renders the existing module unusable, had to run vmware-config.pl to rebuild it).

Additionally, the 9639 nvidia-glx drivers have (drastically) decreased openGL performance and some black-area bugs on the new system (I have Geforce 2 MX200), hope this gets fixed soon.

EDIT: oops, it seems the drop in performance was caused by KDE's transluency, which I turned on shortly before upgrading - turning it off solved the problem. My bad.

If, however, you're mostly using 'ubuntu-approved' software, you probably won't run into any issues... As the saying goes for Vista - "wait for SP1", I'd recommend checking third-party apps' compatibility - issues seem to be few and far between.
    Migration status:<br />[DONE]Get GeForce2 MX200 working with 96xx drivers, get automount external ntfs volumes, fix resume from suspend<br />[pending]:find good BSPlayer replacement<br />If you know how to fix any of the pending problems, PM!

Comment

Originally posted by terrordrone

-> secondly, when i click on manage repositories in adept.. which i need to upgrade.. it only fetches
      the new updated list of packages.. and it doesnt open up the window where i can manage

Is there anything that i can do to restore its functionality?

Thanks in advance
      I am experiencing exactly this problem.. more, I can't start Adept anymore from KDE menu, but only from command line ($ sudo adept_manager)...!

Comment

I have similar problem: I run Adept, try to manage repositories and pops-up following bug:
        Traceback (most recent call last):
        File "/usr/bin/software-properties-kde", line 92, in <module>
        app = SoftwarePropertiesKDE(datadir=data_dir, options=options, file=file)
        File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/softwareproperties/kde/SoftwarePropertiesKDE.py", line 85, in __init__
        self.show_keys()
        File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/softwareproperties/kde/SoftwarePropertiesKDE.py", line 576, in show_keys
        self.userinterface.treeview2.addTopLevelItem(QTree WidgetItem([unicode(key, 'UTF-8')]))
        File "encodings/utf_8.py", line 16, in decode
        UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode bytes in position 27-28: invalid data

any idea?

Comment

Working...
        X