This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

adept/apt database not in sync with what seems to be installed on my system

I recently recovered my PC which had been lost at sea for many months (true!) There was a whole lot of updating to take care of with my two kubuntu partitions, 32-bit and 64-bit, respectively.
    Unfortunately, the system crashed while i performed the update/upgrade for the 64-bit kubuntu feisty installation (my power supply is not 100% stable, possibly due to oceanic conditions over several months or so - alternatively it was due to a KaudioCreator problem). The partition actually works, but I have discovered that there are discrepancies between what is supposedly installed, ie. what apt says is installed and what is actually installed. Most notably, I found out that I am running kernel 2.6.20-15 while according to apt, I have 2.6.20-16 onboard.
    I excpect that there are other applications that also are not consistent with respect to apt and installed version.

Will this cause problem in upgrade to next version?
    Is there any way that the apt database can be corrected with respect to what is installed?

Re: adept/apt database not in sync with what seems to be installed on my system

Simply look at /boot and see what kernels are actually present on your system. During boot, it's the kernel you choose that determines which one you will be using.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
    X