This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headers and footers in Firefox not printing completely

I've just transitioned to Kubuntu from Ubuntu, and am still in the process of transitioning out of Windows. I thought I'd try this forum for help with a problem I've not been able to get help with from either the Mozilla or Ubuntu forums:

When I print a page from Firefox, the headers and footers only partially print. The font size is larger than that in the body of the page, and it looks like when printing the headers and footers Firefox was expecting a page an inch or two wider than it is.

When I do a print preview, the headers look the way they should. Font the same size or smaller than the body of the page, and appearing completely on the page.

Any thoughts about what I might do about this?

Thanks, in advance,

Re: Headers and footers in Firefox not printing completely

OK, I'm guessing, but it happens that I just installed the msttcorefonts package, and got a warning message that I also need to install the x-ttcidfont-conf package to have fonts print correctly out of X windows. You might want to give that a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by dibl
      OK, I'm guessing, but it happens that I just installed the msttcorefonts package, and got a warning message that I also need to install the x-ttcidfont-conf package to have fonts print correctly out of X windows. You might want to give that a shot.
      Thanks, dibl. Haven't installed those fonts, yet -- though it was something I wanted to do before too long -- and don't have any problem with the fonts I have, but I'll check that possibility.

It is strange that headers and footers are fine in print preview, but aren't printed correctly in the actual print.

Couple unrelated questions: [1] What does "auto logon" in the logon query here mean? [2] And related to that, what does "keep me permanently logged on" mean. [I forget where that appears, but it's where you'd normally be able to select "remember my password."]

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Weir
        Couple unrelated questions: [1] What does "auto logon" in the logon query here mean? [2] And related to that, what does "keep me permanently logged on" mean. [I forget where that appears, but it's where you'd normally be able to select "remember my password."]
        Ok, here's where it's from -- the login query. The wordings a little different, but the meaning's the same -- I take it. Why would one want to "always stay logged on?"

And what does "minutes to stay logged in" mean?

Username:
        Password:
        Minutes to stay logged in:
        Always stay logged in:
        Thanks, again,

Comment

I think "auto login" just means when you open the Kubuntu Forums URL, it's going to log you in automatically (i.e. your "name" and password will be stored and used).

I'm not sure what "always stay logged on" or "permanently" means -- I've never been thrown out (although I'm sure there have been times that someone wanted to ....)

Comment

Originally posted by dibl
            I think "auto login" just means when you open the Kubuntu Forums URL, it's going to log you in automatically (i.e. your "name" and password will be stored and used).
            Thanks. I'll check it out. I'd rather not have to login every time.

Sincerely

Comment

Working...
            X