This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

newbie-adding bookmarks to bookmarks toolbar

How do I add bookmarks to bookmarks toolbar (under address bar)? Thanks.

Re: newbie-adding bookmarks to bookmarks toolbar

Which browser are you referring to?

You would also like to read this:
    http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/index.php?topic=4216.0 :P
    Triple booting Kubuntu Intrepid with XP and Ubuntu Hardy <br />Intel Pentium DualCore 2 Ghz, 1 GB RAM Intel 945GM MoBo

Comment

Konqueror. FYI I did a search and turned up nothing.

Comment

The bookmarks should appear on the bar if you add a bookmark in Bookmarks>Add a bookmark (or Ctrl+B).

Alternatively, you should be able to drag-and-drop a tab (which has your page to be bookmarked open) to the bookmark toolbar.

Comment

In whatever browser you use (Firefox?) select: Bookmarks->Organise Bookmarks then: File->Export - and save them somewhere handy. If you use IE then i can't help you, but it's probably something similar.

In Konqueror select: Bookmarks->Edit Bookmarks then: File->Import and select whatever browser you want to import the bookmarks from. Navigate to where you saved (exported) them, and select them. It will ask if you want to add them or replace the existing ones... your choice....

Comment

Kubicle,

I assume the bookmarks toolbar, which is checked as open, is directly under the address bar where I type in the url of the site I want to go to (as in FF). When I drag and drop, either from the address bar, the dropdown bookmarks from the top menu, or from the sidebar bookmarks list, no link button appears on the bookmarks toolbar, as it did in FF. If I click Add bookmark, the bookmark appears in the dropdown list and in the sidebar list, but not on the bookmarks toolbar. This is what is confusing me. Thanks for reply.

Comment

In Konqueror: Settings | Toolbars and click on Bookmark Toolbar (Konqueror) This puts your bookmarks directly below the URL line. Or, you can press F9 to show the Navigation Panel (which will show up on the left side of the Konqueror window). The Star icon opens the bookmarks folder in a tree view.
              Windows no longer obstructs my view.
              Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
              "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thanks snowhog, this is exactly what I have set.

Comment

Does anyone know how to get drag and drop for bookmarks working? perhaps the only alternative is FF but I have come to like Konqueror a lot because of integration and speed.

Comment

Originally posted by ahurd
                    Does anyone know how to get drag and drop for bookmarks working? perhaps the only alternative is FF but I have come to like Konqueror a lot because of integration and speed.
                    not possible

Comment

It's as simple as clicking (and holding - don't release the mouse button) on the current tab and dragging it to the Bookmarks pane.

Comment

I assume the bookmarks toolbar, which is checked as open, is directly under the address bar where I type in the url of the site I want to go to (as in FF). When I drag and drop, either from the address bar, the dropdown bookmarks from the top menu, or from the sidebar bookmarks list, no link button appears on the bookmarks toolbar, as it did in FF. If I click Add bookmark, the bookmark appears in the dropdown list and in the sidebar list, but not on the bookmarks toolbar. This is what is confusing me. Thanks for reply.
                        Just checked, and drag-dropping works fine on my end from tab to bookmark toolbar (although I use gutsy, but I doubt that's the cause...which doesn't mean I couldn't be wrong)...I'd say the issue lies somewhere within your configuration (if none of your added bookmarks show up in the bookmark toolbar, they really should)

Could you post a screenshot of your konqueror window so we could check there isn't anything immediately apparent in it.

Other things you can try:
                        1. Launching konqueror from the konsole to see if any error messages are shown.
                        2. Rename your ~/.kde/share/apps/konqueror folder to something else to reset your user configuration (you can rename it back afterwards to get your configs back, this is just for testing.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
                          It's as simple as clicking (and holding - don't release the mouse button) on the current tab and dragging it to the Bookmarks pane.
                          oh, I understood his question wrong (literally dragging bookmarks to rearrange them)

Comment

Kubicle,
                            Here are results from Konsole:
                            albert@ALBERT-KUBUNTU:~$ konqueror
                            X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 167
                            Major opcode: 144
                            Minor opcode: 3
                            Resource id: 0x0
                            Failed to open device
                            X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 167
                            Major opcode: 144
                            Minor opcode: 3
                            Resource id: 0x0
                            Failed to open device

at which point Konqueror popped up. Dont know how to capture screen in linux yet. Will try the other suggestions if the above doesn't help you to get me on my way.

Comment

If you desire to launch a GUI application (Konqueror) from a konsole shell, you have to preface the command with kdesu. So, to launch konqueror from a konsole, you would type:
                              Code:
                              kdesu konqueror
                              But why not launch it from the K Menu or the Quicklauncher instead?

Comment

Working...
                              X