This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taskbar font and color

Is there any way by which I can change the font and specially the color of the teskbar.

I got a dark wallpaper and panel is set to transparent. I can change the appearance of the taskbar from elegant to "for transparency" but I don't like that option.

Re: Taskbar font and color

1. Font: System Settings -> Appearance -> Fonts -> Taskbar font
    2. Color: Only available in KDE 3.5.7 and later: Right-click on the panel -> Configure Panel -> Taskbar options -> Enable Use custom colors.
    Jucato's Data Core

Comment

Originally posted by Rex
      ... specially the color of the teskbar.

I got a dark wallpaper and panel is set to transparent. I can change the appearance of the taskbar from elegant to "for transparency" but I don't like that option.
      Taskbar can be made to have different backgrounds. You already have some samples which you can select from:
      Right-click on the 'panel' --> Configure Panel --> Appearance --> check 'Enable Background Image' and select the one by clicking on the browse button besides the path-bar.
      You can also download some really cool ones from kde-look.org. Just place the downloaded images in the "/usr/share/apps/kicker/wallpapers/" directory, and you will be ready to rock your panel
      Rider: The above procedure will change the background for all your panels and not just the "Taskbar", if your "taskbar" panel is separate from other panels.

As for the fonts on the Taskbar, Jucato has given you the tip. Though I would like to add one thing. Even in KDE 3.5.6, the Font color can be changed by changing the color of "Button Text" and "Window Text" in K --> System Settings --> Colors. However, again, it will change the colors at other places.
      Triple booting Kubuntu Intrepid with XP and Ubuntu Hardy <br />Intel Pentium DualCore 2 Ghz, 1 GB RAM Intel 945GM MoBo

Comment

I'm using KDE 3.5.6 which I guess is default for Feisty Fawn. That is why that option is not there. Is there some other way. I tried background images but didn't like them too much.

Comment

You can install 3.5.7 on feisty if you want (although gutsy release is only a few days away if you're planning on upgrading it's not a long wait)

Instructions on 3.5.7:
          http://kubuntu.org/announcements/kde-357.php

Comment

These packages are not well supported. Security and other updates may not be applied promptly.
            This this the problem with KDE 3.5.7 of Feisty

How about KDE 4. Is it giving any trouble on Feisty?

Comment

There is no KDE 4 yet. It is still in beta stage.

As for KDE 3.5.7 packages not being supported, that is only a disclaimer, but not absolutely true in practice. It is very safe to use them.
              Jucato&#39;s Data Core

Comment

As Jucato said, the 3.5.7 packages have been backported to Feisty which means that they haven't been tested as thoroughly as officially released packages. Still, 3.5.7 is almost certain to fix more issues than it'll cause, even on Feisty.

And if you upgrade to Gutsy in the (near) future, you'll get officially released 3.5.7 as an added bonus.

I'd definitely stay away from KDE 4 for other than purely testing purposes until it's released (and in most cases it might be advisable to wait for 4.1 or even 4.2)

Comment

Working...
                X