This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using Amarok 1.4.7 in Kubuntu - iPod Video 30GB

I have a 5th Gen 30 GB Black Video iPod. I am using Amarok to download podcasts both the video and audio formats. I can easily transfer the audio only podcasts to my iPod but none of the videos are being transferred.

Here are my steps:

(1) Insert URLs for needed podcasts
    (2) Download podcasts
    (3) Manually drag downloaded podcasts into the Que
    (4) Select "Transfer"

The process begins and all seems to transfer correctly. However, only the audio podcasts make the transfer and of those podcasts, none of them are organized. In other words, the audio podcasts are all grouped together under "Music" instead of "Podcasts" AND they are not grouped into categories either.

I'm new to Amarok and Linux so any help would be greatly appreciated.
    sudo make me rich<br /><br />Kubuntu Gutsy 7.10<br />KDE 3.5<br />Compaq Presario 5000<br />Intel Celeron 1.2 Ghz<br />512 Ram, Riva TNT2 Video Card<br />All the above hardware is 7 year old junk but<br />Linux runs great on it.&nbsp; :&gt<br />Ham Radio Rules

Re: Using Amarok 1.4.7 in Kubuntu - iPod Video 30GB

Mechanism, I was searching the web for your question and here is what I found. There is a great website that will help you with your concern, the web site is: http://www.codejacked.com/using-your-ipod-on-linux/. Besides this website there is another that you could check out too, the website is: http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/9266. I hope this could help with your question.

Pookito
    You can get me Using Threema: B6WSCFVY
    Mastodon: @pookito@latinos.social
    Jabber: pookito@neko.im

Comment

Thank you for the reply. I will have a look at those articles tonight.

Thanks!!

M
      sudo make me rich<br /><br />Kubuntu Gutsy 7.10<br />KDE 3.5<br />Compaq Presario 5000<br />Intel Celeron 1.2 Ghz<br />512 Ram, Riva TNT2 Video Card<br />All the above hardware is 7 year old junk but<br />Linux runs great on it.&nbsp; :&gt<br />Ham Radio Rules

Comment

No problem, see you at the post.
        You can get me Using Threema: B6WSCFVY
        Mastodon: @pookito@latinos.social
        Jabber: pookito@neko.im

Comment

Working...
        X