This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Webcam Motion Detection

Hi all, I was wondering if any know of a webcam software that has motion detection that can be used in feisty. I have two logitech webcam and wanted to set one up in my room and also one on my pet so I can have images of who was in my room. I was thinking about getting some wireless ip cam so i can set them up around my apartment. Can someone tell me which is the best way about going with this or have any suggestions. Thanks

Re: Webcam Motion Detection

Look on this page for:: Video: Security / Webcams / Monitoring. Mightbe something that will help you.

http://www.exploits.org/v4l/
    Registered Linux User #418555<br />Kubuntu User #9254<br /><br />aptosid 2010-01 Xfce / aptosid 2010-01 KDE-Lite<br />Debian Wheezy Xfce / Kubuntu 10.04<br />aptosid 2011-01 Xfce / aptosid 2011-01 KDE-Lite<br />Debian Testing Gnome<br />Debian Sid Gnome<br />Epidemic 3.2<br />ALL pulseaudio free by default

Comment

Re: Webcam Motion Detection

I think the "detection" part of the motion detection is a feature of the camera, not the Linux software. It needs to include a photo-sensitive cell and trigger mechanism to output the signal that motion has occurred in the field of view, and then then that signal to the system software turns on "recording" via the software. Or so I think ... :P

Comment

Working...
      X