This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: adept shows Kmail installed but not appearing in applications

First things first, are you sure you wish to use kmail as a stand-alone application? (there is no kmail icon in the menu as most people use kmail through 'kontact' which is the kde personal information manager...which kmail integrates into)

If you wish to add kmail icon to the k-menu, right-click on the k-menu icon and choose menu editor. You can then create a menu-item for kmail (use 'kmail' for command and fill the other fields as you like)

Comment

The icon for Kontact wasn't there so I added it by the procedure you outlined. I can then use it to get to Kmail but it still would be nice to have a Kmail button on taskbar. Sorry I am being such a pain and many thanks.

Comment

You can do what I did.

Open K Menu. Right-click on Internet and select Edit Menu. Click the New Item icon and fill in the following information:

Item name: Kmail
        Description: Kmail
        Command: '/usr/bin/kmail'
        Click the default icon button and select the kmail icon.
        Click the Save icon.

This will put the Kmail application in the Internet menu. Once it is there, you can follow dibl's steps to add it to the quicklaunch area of the taskbar.
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Many many thanks kubicle and snowhog. Your last posts did the trick. I again apologize to everyone for being sooo dense. Hopefully I will get better.

Comment

With practice comes experience.
            Windows no longer obstructs my view.
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
            X