This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

adept shows Kmail installed but not appearing in applications

The subject says it all. What to do. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Re: adept shows Kmail installed but not appearing in applications

Does Alt-F2
    Code:
    kmail
    start the app?

Comment

As you can tell, I am new. Yes, Alt f2 allowed me to type in kmail and it popped up. However it would be more convenient if accessible from Kmenu, or even better if I could place a button on the desktop toolbar (at the bottom) or on Konquerorat the top. Is it possible for users to add new buttons to the toolbar in Konq? Thanks.

Comment

Yes, you can add Kmail (or other applications) to the Quicklauncher. Right-click in the Quicklauncher section of the Panel and select Add Application | Internet | Kmail.
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Cannot find quicklauncher section-right clicked everywhere. Do I have to download something? I am on Feisty.

Comment

Just right-click the middle gray part of the "panel" aka "taskbar" where there is nothing. From the little menu that pops up, choose "Add Application To Panel>Internet>Kmail" and it will be added.

Comment

"Add application to the panel" is not one of the choices. I get Orientation, Text position, Icon size, Toolbars, and Configure Toolbars. More help, please.

Comment

You are posting in Feisty Fawn (Kubuntu 7.04). Is that really the make/version of Linux you have installed?? The steps described by dibl are correct, and that's what you would see if you had Kubuntu Feisty Fawn 7.04 installed.

Comment

"Kubuntu 7.04 for your PC" is what is on the label of the disk that was sent to me and installed.

Comment

Just noticed I was clicking on grey area at top of screen and not in grey area at bottom of screen where I indeed find "Add application...". Hopefully I am on my way with no more questions. Many thanks to you all.

Comment

Good enough.

The taskbar that you need to be right-clicking on (on a blank area) is the bar that the K Menu button is on. This same bar, has the four desktop 'pagers' that have the numbers 1 through 4. If put your mouse cursor in the blank area to the left of these and right-click, you should see the options dibl described.

Comment

Spoke too soon. Kmail does not appear in dropdown list on clicking "Internet". What next?

Comment

Hmm. Okay, you said that Kmail was installed - that Adept said it was. When you click on the K Menu icon, can you find Kmail?

Comment

Kmail does not appear under any of the dropdowns in Kmenu. I just checked again and adept shows Kmail's status as installed.

Comment

Down on the taskbar, you should have an icon for Kontact. It looks like a globe with an envelope and a calendar page on it. Kmail is part of Kontact. If you launch Kontact, you can select Kmail from the items in the left pane.

Comment

Working...
                              X