• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

display error

Hi,

When i try to run xawtv -nodga, i get this:

xawtv -nodga
    This is xawtv-3.95.dfsg.1, running on Linux/i686 (2.6.20-16-generic)
    Xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server
    Xlib: Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key
    Error: Can't open display: :0

and its just the same with steaminstaller.exe

How do i fix this?

Re: display error

I don't have an answer but I am curious as to whether you are running everything as the user you log in as or whether you sudo something.

This sort of thing(involving MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE) is about X authorization/permissions issues.

Comment

Im starting to wonder...now im not able to kill adept-manager either cuz i dont have rights.Whats going on? never had this problem before.

I havnt changed user, im still the same user i was when i killed adept last time.root.

Comment

Originally posted by V

I havnt changed user, im still the same user i was when i killed adept last time.root.
        Adept should not run unless you have provided the administrator password (i.e. your user password if you are the one who installed the Kubuntu OS). Did you? If not, there's something a little "different" about how your system was installed or configured, because the normal restriction of "Admin" for installing software has been bypassed or defeated. :P

Comment

You mean you are running something like "sudo kill" and it is saying you don't have permission?

Or did you enable the root account?

Comment

Working...
          X