This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Internet Explorer/Palm Desktop problem.

Although i like J-Pilot, i prefer the Palm Desktop (more used to it) so i'm trying to install it with Wine, but it always tells me that i need Internet Explorer (v. 4 ?) installed, even though i've installed ie4linux (i think ie 6 and/or 7).

Does anyone know a way out of this, please?

Re: Internet Explorer/Palm Desktop problem.

I don't think ie4linux is the full version of explorer and yes it is version 5-6.5 but I think the mention of version 4 just means you have to have a IE version 4 or above. so I guess you just need to download a copy of IE from the internet and install it using wine.

I haven't used wine in quites some time so I can't help you there but if you want to go the vmare path I would be happy to help out.

I hope this is usefull
    HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
    4 GB Ram
    Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Re: Internet Explorer/Palm Desktop problem.

I've just downloaded ie6 and tried to install it, and get a message about "Unable to find a volume for extraction. Please verify that you have proper permissions", then i found ie7 and got the same result, so i decided to let Wine install it (directly from the site), but still no joy.

It's not a problem, it's just that i prefer the Palm Desktop - the "Categories" feature shows the colours (which leads to less confusion on my part).

Thank you for your help.

Comment

Working...
      X