This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cisco VPN installation in Kubuntu.

i got the package to download to the desktop, now i am just unsure how to set it up so that i can install the VPN software successfully.

Re: Cisco VPN installation in Kubuntu.

What kind of a package is it? (Does the package name end with .deb, .tar.gz, .tar, etc.?)
    Asus G1S-X3:
    Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

this would be a tgz package. which i already unpackaged at my desktop.

Comment

Alright, open Konsole and navigate to the directory you have extracted the package to ( type "cd ~/Desktop/[whatever the name of the package is]"). Then, type "./configure"; see if there are any errors, and if not, type "make". Again, see if there are any errors; if there are none, type "sudo make install", and, if there are no errors, you're done!!! Simple as that.

Let me know how it goes

Note: The " " symbols are just for reference, don't type them.
        Asus G1S-X3:
        Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

doesn't seem to work, tells me no such file or directory exists.

i am really new at this, trying to get one on the other techs in case supporting vpn problems for linux does happen.

Comment

OK, try this, left-click the extracted file (it should open it in Konqueror). When it opens, right-click the background (around the internal files, not actually on a file), highlight over the 'actions' menu, and choose 'open terminal here'. This should open Konsole to that directory. When it opens, type "./configure", followed by "make", and lastly "sudo make install", checking for errors before proceeding to the next step (it'll tell you if there is an error).

Try this and let me know how you do.
            Asus G1S-X3:

Comment

i got the shell to open up but ./configure doesn't want to work.

neither do the rest of the commands.

this was after opened the unzipped package, and clicking outside of a particular file in Konqueror.

I have to go for the night, this is a slow going idea and i appreciate any help.

Peace be with you,

Ian442.

Comment

Working...
              X