This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting the standard mail application in KDE

I've been trying to get Thunderbird recognised as standard mail client from Konqueror but so far only Kmail is started up.
    I did this in System settings/ Standard applications (translated from Dutch, might differ)

I even had a look in ~/.kde/share/config/emaildefaults where mozilla-thunderbird was indeed set as standard mail client.

Re: Setting the standard mail application in KDE

Though it probably doesn't mean much since it's just a guess, I'm not sure you can configure Konqueror to use Thunderbird as the standard e-mail client because Konqueror is a KDE application and Thunderbird is not. KMail is, however, a KDE application, and as such (as Adept puts it), "is part of KDE, and a component of the KDE PIM module."

The KDE components seem to be intertwined with each other in one way or another, that's how Konqueror uses KMail (I'm guessing).

Makes sense to me.
    Asus G1S-X3:
    Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

Have you tried kmenu-system settings-default applications-email client?

Comment

Yes as said in my first message I tried the way of System settings/ default applications.
        The problem is that it's not picked up by the system.
        I understand Thunderbird is not a KDE application but neither is Firefox yet setting Firefox as default browser works fine.

Comment

sorry, don't know why I missed that.

Comment

Working...
          X