This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GUI-app for creating html pages

Are there any good webpage building applications with a nice GUI in Feisty? Don't give me raw html, I'm totally not proficient in that stuff. I want to drag and drop, type like I would in a word processor, and not hassle with all those codes. If so, which packet should I get? If not, where can I find a good one? Please note I'm running 64bit.

Re: GUI-app for creating html pages

Quanta
    and
    Bluefish
    are two, and both are available via Adept Manager.

I've no experience with either, so I can't say good/bad about each.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

type like I would in a word processor
      Open office will export to HTML. Simple but it works.

eriefisher
      ~$sudo make me a sandwich

Comment

And:
        KompoZer
        KompoZer is a complete web authoring system that combines web file management and easy-to-use WYSIWYG web page editing.

KompoZer is designed to be extremely easy to use, making it ideal for non-technical computer users who want to create an attractive, professional-looking web site without needing to know HTML or web coding.
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
          Quanta
          and
          Bluefish
          are two, and both are available via Adept Manager.
          Bluefish is code-only without a WYSIWYG/"word-processor-like" view. Quanta does have such a function, but I like to hand-code my sites so I can't tell you how well it works. I can say, though, that I find Quanta to be excellent for what I need to do.

Comment

If you only need simple stuff, the OpenOffice Writer will suffice. I use this for making plain HTML documents for my job. nothing fancy. It is purely WYSIWYG, just like a word processor (well, it is ). For more advanced stuff I like the aforementioned Quanta.

I was surprised, by the way, that KWriter does not handle HTML. I generally prefer KOffice over OpenOffice -- runs much better for me.

Comment

Working...
            X