X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu 7.04 Kmail TLS/PLAIN SASL error

Hello to all!
    Here is my problem:
    I can't send e-mails from my Kubuntu 7.04 desktop PC, using Kmail e-mail client. When i push "Send button", following Kontact error appears:

"Sending failed:
    Authorization failed, An error occured during authentication: SASL(-4): no mechanism available: No worthy mechs found authentication not supported
    The message will stay in the 'outbox' folder until you either fix the problem (e.g. a broken address) or remove the message from the 'outbox' folder.
    The following transport protocol was used:
    send_smtp"
    ...and the mail is not send!

The "security settings" for my mail send account are:
    Encryption: TLS
    Authentication Method: Plain

Important details about this issue:

1) This e-mail sending error appears only when I'm authenticate against LDAP server (the network I'm in has NFS-mounted home dirs and LDAP authetication). When I use a local user (or root user), everything works right!

2) This error appears only in Kubuntu 7.04. I know this because I tested the same system configuration settings(including LDAP auth enabled) in Kubuntu 6.06 + kmail and the mail-sending worked just FINE!

If anybody had this problem after upgrading/replacing 6.06 -> 7.04, or know smthing about it, please let me know(i googled awhile, but no relevant results for me) !!!

PS: I can give more details about my config, just ask me
    Thanks in advance!

Re: Kubuntu 7.04 Kmail TLS/PLAIN SASL error

Hello Again!
    The problem I posted above is solved now!
    The solution was to upgrade to Kubuntu 7.10 Release!
    I downloaded the ISO image from:
    http://kubuntu.org/announcements/7.10-release.php

After a fresh install, I configured LDAP as I did on Kubuntu 6.06, then configured kmail as usual, aanndd....VICTORY!
    No more error at mail sending!

So, if any of you had this problem, the solution is an installation of Kubuntu 7.10!

Comment

Working...
    X