This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Solved] Sound in xwinwrap

Hey. I'm currently playing about with xwinwrap to get it to play movies as my desktop wallpaper, however, it seems to be playing the sound of the movie, which I would prefer it didn't

here is my current startup line:
    xwinwrap -ni -o 1 -fs -s -st -sp -b -nf -- mplayer -wid WID -quiet *movie here*.avi

anything I can add in there to stop it playing sound?

Thanks in advance

JJ
    Compy: AMD 64x2 6000+, Crosshair mobo, Enermax PSU, 4GB DDR2 800, 8800GTS 640mb, 24in cheapy monitor + secondary 17in, aprrx 1.6tb storage (internal) + external DVDrw, lots of nice big blue shiny quiet fans.

Re: Sound in xwinwrap

nvm, I added in '-nosound' after '-quiet' and it sorted it
    Compy: AMD 64x2 6000+, Crosshair mobo, Enermax PSU, 4GB DDR2 800, 8800GTS 640mb, 24in cheapy monitor + secondary 17in, aprrx 1.6tb storage (internal) + external DVDrw, lots of nice big blue shiny quiet fans.

Comment

Re: [Solved] Sound in xwinwrap

I don't know anything about xwinwrap -- does using it for "wallpaper" interfere with other graphical or media applications? Just curious about it ...

Thanks!

Comment

uses only the resources that the thing you are playing usually would. Some screensavers are pretty power hungry, but playing a movie isnt so bad I guess you do need a fairly powerful puter for best effect, but as far as I've seen so far, there are no real negatives to its shinyness

Comment

I currenty have Sunshine playing as my wallpaper, but this is when I had 300 running:

Comment

Wow -- very nice! Is that Amarok with a different "skin"?

Comment

Just a bit of personalization in KDE and beryl with the color scheme etc and a custom Emerald window decorator

Comment

Working...
              X