This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adept packages marked as Upgradable

Okay, I know the answer to the question is going to end up being a 'duh,' but ....

In Adept Manager, I've a number of packages that are Status Upgradable Requested no change Why?

Adept Notifier is active, and I get the updates available icon notification. I retrieve the updates then have them installed. If these packages are installed (I assume they are??), then why haven't they been upgraded?

Added:

Okay, like I said, the answer is going to end up being a 'duh.' DUH! :P Adept Notifier reported 23 packages upgradable just a few minutes ago. Just finished downloading and upgrading those 23 packages.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Re: Adept packages marked as Upgradable

Adept will only update programs if you ask it to, that way, if you know from experience or word of mouth that a new package release is faulty or conflicting with your system, or you are simply running out of space, you have the option not to install that upgrade.

If it just updated willy nilly, using up your bandwidth and hard drive space whenever it wanted, it would be a bit daft. Thats one o the things I hated about default windows settings, it would always download install and reboot the PC unless I remembered to either disable the updates completely, or, enabled the updates but asked it to ask to install, in which case Windows popped up an annoying message every few mins.

So basically, the fact it advises you of updates rather than just installing them auto is for your own benefit
    Compy: AMD 64x2 6000+, Crosshair mobo, Enermax PSU, 4GB DDR2 800, 8800GTS 640mb, 24in cheapy monitor + secondary 17in, aprrx 1.6tb storage (internal) + external DVDrw, lots of nice big blue shiny quiet fans.

Comment

Just so you won't be disappointed, Snowhog

DUH!!
      I wish I was the man my dog thinks I am.<br /><br />Registered Linux User No. 402825

Comment

There are no stupid questions just stupid replies.

Oh, and DUH!

eriefisher
        ~$sudo make me a sandwich

Comment

Duh.
          >_>
          For external use only.

Comment

Working...
          X