This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: K3B - IO Error

If you are missing any KDE required dependencies, that might explain the problem. Did you *ever* have the ability to logout properly?

In Adept Manager, kde-core is the metapackage that installs the KDE Desktop environment:
    the K Desktop Environment core modules

KDE (the K Desktop Environment) is a powerful Open Source graphical desktop environment for Unix workstations. It combines ease of use, contemporary functionality, and outstanding graphical design with the technological superiority of the Unix operating system.

This metapackage includes the core official modules released with KDE. This includes just the basic desktop (browser, file manager, text editor, control center, panel, etc.) and important libraries and data, in addition to the aRts soundserver.
    The likelyhood is that it is marked as not installed (normal if your installation was done from a LiveCD). It won't hurt, if it is uninstalled, to select and install it.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I was missing core. I installed it and rebooted, this time I had less than X. I had an underscore on the screen, needed to type alt+F1 to get a prompt and had a fatal something or another, needed to re run the nvidia utility just to get to X.
      My fun meters pegged on this. I loved Dapper and I only upgraded to try Beryl, come to think of it that doesn't work any more either.
      Thanks for the assist Snowhog but I think it's time to start over.

Comment

Understand. I gather then, that Feisty wasn't a *new* install, but an upgrade effort from Dapper? But don't sweat it. Go with what works for you.
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X