This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I fscked print to PDF

I have thoroughly fscked "print to PDF" in KDE.

When I try to print a test page from K->System Settings->Printers I get the following error:
    cupsdoprint -P 'Print to File (PDF)' -J '' -H '/var/run/cups/cups.sock:631' -U 'kjmck' -o ' multiple-document-handling=separate-documents-uncollated-copies orientation-requested=3' '/usr/share/apps/kdeprint/testprint.ps' : execution failed with message:
    client-error-not-found
    When I display a valid postscript document in konqueror and select Location->Print and supply a filename, I get this error:

Abnormal process termination (gs -q -dSAFER -dPARANOIDSAFER -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -sOutputFile=$out{/home/kjmck/print.pdf} -sPAPERSIZE=letter -c .setpdfwrite -f '/tmp/kde-kjmck/konqueror15LBRb.ps' ).
    Finally, just for giggles I opened a terminal and typed "ps2pdf filename.ps filename.pdf" and got "Segmentation fault (core dumped)".

I have tried purging and re-installing kpdf and all the cups packages, hoping to restore sane defaults that would work. No dice.

In fact, printing a test page from K->System Settings->Printer doesn't work either. (I don't know if it worked earlier, because I hadn't tried it.)

I CAN go to a web page using Opera and print to a postscript file. I CANNOT do this with Konqueror.

Can someone point me to a troubleshooting list or suggest what I may reconfigure to restore defaults?

Re: I fscked print to PDF

Further examination showed installing the CUPS virtual PDF printer to be the cause. I duplicated the effects on another Kubuntu machine today.

Apparently installing the virtual printer does something to ghostscript, but I'm not sure exactly what.

Comment

Working...
    X