This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kontact - Palm Pilot

I'm having a slight problem when i hot-sync with KPilot, every event is doubled in Kontact, i've tried hot synch->all changes, and copy->handheld to pc, with no change.
    It's on /dev/pilot, and seems to find it alright, but everything looks such a mess....

Even if i go through and delete everything manually, they all re-appear after the next hot-synch. I'm probably doing something really silly here, can someone help me sort this out, please?

I should have said, this is in the Calendar.

Re: Kontact - Palm Pilot

Hi, sorry if i can't answer your problem but i have a question for you:

which palm do you use?

I dont manage to get my palm IIIe to synchronize with kpilot. Do you use kpilot or how do you syncrho with kontact??

I used to synchronize my palm with previous versions of kubuntu but since 6.10 I don't manage!

Comment

It's the Palm Zire 3.1, via dev/pilot, but to be honest i've just deleted all remaining items from the handheld three times, then told it to <Copy handheld to PC>, and each time it's restored all the duplicates back onto the handheld.

What i've done now - in utter disgust - is deleted the Kontact icon from the menu and uninstalled KPilot.

Comment

I was unable to get Kontact or K-Pilot to work with my TX. I believe that in my case, the problem was that after the initial sync, all past appointments and completed tasks were put on the current day. Or maybe it was the duplication problem. Anyway, I've been using J-Pilot for over a year, and it works fine. Synchronizes calendar (datebook), contacts (address book), tasks (to-dos), and memos flawlessly, and installs files to the device as well. I have DateBk5 on the Palm and there are no conflicts with J-Pilot.

Comment

Yes, i'm perfectly happy with J-Pilot, it does all i need - with no duplicates.

I've found that i have to do a
          sudo modprobe visor
          before starting it up, as i did with K-Pilot for some reason, but who cares, it does the job well.

Comment

Try adding "visor" to /etc/modules.
            For external use only.

Comment

Originally posted by SheeEttin
              Try adding "visor" to /etc/modules.
              .... please explain.

Pretend i don't know much at all about linux.

Comment

Press <ALT+F2> for a run command and type kdesu kate /etc/modules.
                This will open up the modules file in kate for you to edit. Move to the last line and add "visor"(no quotes).Save and close. When you boot "visor" will be loaded automatically.

eriefisher
                ~$sudo make me a sandwich

Comment

Thank You, eriefisher,

Very Much indeed.

The members of this Forum are the most helpful i've come across anywhere.

Comment

Working...
                  X