This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kontact, how do I compose a message in HTML

I have been using Kontact for a while now, and this one program was one of the main reasons that I switched to Kubuntu from Ubuntu.
    However, while functional as is, I would like to be able to compose messages in html as well as read html messages (no problem there).
    I have not had any success in setting Kontact to use ooo writer instead of Komposer.
    Can I set this up somehow? And if so, how?
    I want to be able to send pretty pictures etc in the main body of messages as I could from Outlook.
    Just being able to send a hyperlink would be nice though.
    Before anyone suggests, I do not like Thunderbird. Even after adding in plugins for PIM functionality it still does not come close to Kontact.
    Any pointers would be appreciated.
    You don't need a license to drive a sandwich.

Re: Kontact, how do I compose a message in HTML

In KMail, Settings | Configure KMail | Composer | General

Checkmark the Use external editor instead of Composer checkbox. This allows you to specify another editor (by default, when this option is checked, Kate is the editor - you change that).
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Re: Kontact, how do I compose a message in HTML

Yes, that was the obvious route, but even when I just leave it set to Kate I still get komposer opening.
      I have tried setting it to ooo writer with the same result, still komposer.
      This has become quite frustrating >.
      There may be something simple going on but I am still learning my way around kubuntu.
      This can in itself be a little slow because after the initial setting up it runs so damn stable that I don't need to go poking around much!
      You don't need a license to drive a sandwich.

Comment

Working...
      X