This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nvidia opengl

Hi,i have a problem with opengl on the Nvidia RIVA TNT2. I installed a NVIDIA....7185.pkg1.run. There is main driver correctly works, but OPENGL does not. On glxinfo system send log 'GLX missing on display ':0.0'. What's a problem i have?

Re: Nvidia opengl

Could you paste the Section "Module" section of your /etc/X11/xorg.conf file?

Comment

I tried again rescrew nvidia driver yesterday, and i has found out, that not needed uninstall old free drivers. Nvidia offisial driver just install on top, after that change nv to nvidia, write 'option 'composite' 'disable', reboot, after that i had nvidia logo on starup, and resolution 640x480 and monitor plug'n'play, glxgears works! So opengl to. So,i'm change resolution throught adjustment utility,1024x768, write RGBpath and..see next

Comment

..change nv to nvidia and reboot. All works! P.s certanly, comment dri, vbe. I do like that. And insert load glx in the module section.

Comment

Finally, i make some tries with x.org file,and has found out, that message 'missing glx extension...' sent because of 'composite' is enabled by default. It's not rgb,and open gl can't works throught one. There is my riva tnt2 agp gives out 1400 in 5 sec about, and cpu's load is 90percent about, is it normally?

Comment

Take a look through this link by Rog131on How to Install AMD(Ati) Proprietary Linux Display Driver (fglrx).
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
            X