This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Divx in Firefox/Swiftfox

I started messing around since morning (its now 1:40pm) to get divx playback in swiftfox but ive failed. from reading ubuntuforums i got the two essential files( mplayer-plug-in-divx.so and mplayer-plug-in-divx.xpt) and put them both in /opt/swiftfox/plugins but when i check aboutlugins it isnt there. Im definitely missing something but i cant figure out what. I also have mozilla-mplayer installed. Did anyone ever get this working in kubuntu, its supposed to be a breeze in Ubuntu, dont ask me why?
    Kubuntu Gutsy Gibbon - Registered Linux User--> # 15709

Re: Divx in Firefox/Swiftfox

Hi,

The mozilla-mplayer plugin should work. If you have added the divx plugins yourself then check the permissions on the *.so file it should be 755. Maybe put the divx plugin in /home/you/.mozilla/plugins.

Comment

Hi,

I got round the divx problem by downloading the mediaplayer connectivity addon for firefox. Once you have it installed configure it to use vlc for divx files and there is an option to turn on the addon so it deals with all requests.

Once you have done that, vlc will start and play the file.

Comment

Yes i tried the connectivity addon and it works but i was hoping to get it to play inside swiftfox.
        Kubuntu Gutsy Gibbon - Registered Linux User--> # 15709

Comment

Working...
        X