This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is gutsy doing

I found Kubuntu Fiesty to be more reliable then Ubuntu Fiesty (appliction wise). I found couple of applications freezing up or not working as expected. gnome art, f-spot or something like that to name few.

Just wanted to know how Gutsy is doing and is it stable enough to take place of Fiesty on my notebook?

Re: How is gutsy doing

No. Read through the posts in the Gutsy section of the forum. Many changes are still being made. You would be well advised to stick with your stable Feisty and wait until the official release of Gutsy is announced, which is supposed to be in October?
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Gutsy is doing very fine. I've been using it as my main since Tribe 5. But I still wouldn't recommend it until at least Beta, which would be in a week or so, or even RC. There are still lots of updates daily, but things should settle down a bit now that beta freeze is in effect.

Stay with Feisty for a few more weeks.
      Jucato's Data Core

Comment

Hey Jucato. Didn't intend to put down the bleeding edge users (Gutsy) who know what they're doing and understand what it is to use a release 'still under development.' Just wanted to ensure that a user who already has and is used to a stable release doesn't just jump into the pool, only to discover they are in over their head, and realize that the life guard just went on break.
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

thanks

in that case I'll stick to feisty bit more then that as I'm a student and my laptop is all that I have.

Comment

And if Feisty is working - There isn't need to upgrade (If It's Not Broken, Don't Fix It!)

I'm still using Dapper (only testing Feisty, Gutsy...).

Links:
            Gutsy Release Schedule and Plans
            http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3082873.0

Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
            1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
            2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Snowhog: no worries. That's why I said I don't recommend switching to it yet. Using a development version is part of my (voluntary) job, so it's understandable that I'm using it. Just wanted to say that it's well along its way of being a rocking release.
              Jucato's Data Core

Comment

Originally posted by Rex
                Just wanted to know how Gutsy is doing and is it stable enough to take place of Fiesty on my notebook?
                No. The posters about me are right...it's still "a work in progress".

That said, like Jucato, I run it exclusively, bugs and all, and it is fairly stable for an Alpha release OS.

And yes, it is going to rock.

Comment

Ditto all of the above. But I think mepis 7.0 and mint3.1 are going to give it a good run for its "money"
                  HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
                  4 GB Ram
                  Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Working...
                  X