X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making KDE look nice

Hi,

I have been told before that I need a separate application, to change the look of the kicker bar and the K-menu icon, but I don believe this can be the whole story as so many other distribution come with the kicker bar looking completely different and the k-menu icon with there own logo on it (suse, mandriva, pclinuxos) , does anyone know of a way to change the graphics for these two items to help to improve the desktop look of Kubuntu.

Thanks,

Gavin,
    Primary OS: Kubuntu Feisty Fawn, Secondary: WinXP Pro (Games Only)<br />Intel Core Duo 1.66 GHz, 2GB RAM<br />ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 256MB<br />15&quot; Widescreen Display (1280x800)<br />Pro/Wireless Network Card connecting to US Robotics 1908A Router<br />

Re: Making KDE look nice

Originally posted by gavinjb
    Hi,

I have been told before that I need a separate application, to change the look of the kicker bar and the K-menu icon, but I don believe this can be the whole story as so many other distribution come with the kicker bar looking completely different and the k-menu icon with there own logo on it (suse, mandriva, pclinuxos) , does anyone know of a way to change the graphics for these two items to help to improve the desktop look of Kubuntu.

Thanks,

Gavin,
    kicker backgrounds

Comment

Right click panel > Configure panel...
      (and klerfayt told where to find backgrounds)

change kmenu logo to kubuntu logo
      http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=93741

CustomizeKubuntu
      https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CustomizeKubuntu
      Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
      1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
      2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Thanks for the help, now KDE is looking a bit better , all I need now is KDE 4 , but that will have to wait.
        Primary OS: Kubuntu Feisty Fawn, Secondary: WinXP Pro (Games Only)<br />Intel Core Duo 1.66 GHz, 2GB RAM<br />ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 256MB<br />15&quot; Widescreen Display (1280x800)<br />Pro/Wireless Network Card connecting to US Robotics 1908A Router<br />

Comment

Working...
        X