This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Konqueror Thumbnail Previews on Large Files/Videos

I've noticed that Konqueror does not create thumbnail previews of files over a few megabytes in size. I'm working on a video project with a lot of clips, but because of the size/preview limitation (I think), I'm unable to see which clip is which, without opening it in VLC . . . :P

Does anyone know how to enable previews for large files?

Re: Konqueror Thumbnail Previews on Large Files/Videos

Have you made setting adjustments in Settings | Configure Amarok | Previews & Meta-Data ?
    Attached Files
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thanks, I did a Google search on the subject, and found out about that. Moving that slider allowed me to preview larger files, but to enable video preview, I found out I had to do a
      Code:
      apt-get install libarts1-xine
      But most of my videos still won't preview . . . They're ordinary AVIs from my digital camera (a FujiFilm S5100, video codec: mjpg, audio codec: Microsoft PCM). Any ideas?

Comment

Okay, I've figured out what the problem is, but not how to fix it.

Most other AVI videos preview fine, but not the ones from my digital camera. The reason is that Konqueror does not recognize the mjpg codec. Does anyone know how I can make it do so?

Comment

Working...
        X