This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

xdmcp logout kills local session

I've setup xdmcp on on Kubuntu, and can successfully login remotely from another PC on my network. However, when logging off the xdmcp session, the local display blanks, then shows the kde progress bar (the same one you see on startup), then the local display goes blank and stays blank with a white flashing square cursor in the upper left corner.

I followed a tutuorial on xdmcp, changing these parts of kdmrc and Xaccess files:
    /etc/kde3/kdmrc
    [Xdmcp]
    Enable=true
    Willing=/etc/kde3/kdm/Xwilling
    /etc/kde3/Xaccess

I'm realatively new to linux, and not sure where to go to track how to keep the xdmcp session from killing the local session.

thanks,

Re: xdmcp logout kills local session

I get the same thing. But it doesn't kill the local session it actually flips the virtual console on the machine kdm is running on. You can get the local session back on screen by pressing alt-F7.

I have been trying to find out why this is happening for some time now but have been unsuccessful. I reported the bug to the KDE team but they cannot reproduce it on other dists, seems to be a (k)ubuntu issue. This bug was present in Edgy and is still present in Feisty.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Randall.

Comment

Working...
    X