This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me I am at great problem(urgent)

I was using gnome partition manager.to mount instead a made great mistake Devices->set label and given okay. when i rebooted all partions were deleted.I kept as such help me i have lot of important files and its my life.please do something to restore it.please help me...............please..................

Re: Help me I am at great problem(urgent)

I once had a similar problem, where my /etc/fstab was set to mount partitions by label, and not by /dev name or UUID. If that is the case for you too, and you re-labeled the partitions, they wouldn't get mounted anymore, but hand-fixing /etc/fstab with the new labels should be easy... It's just a thought, but maybe worth a try...

Cristian

Comment

Do you have a system that boots?

What do you see if you run a livecd and run fdisk or gparted/qtparted?

You could try to use Ultimate Boot CD.

Comment

Could've sworn I posted here...

Anyway, like coyotl says, try a LiveCD. If the drive is fine and the only problem is your fstab, you will be able to recover all the data.
        For external use only.

Comment

Help me I am at great problem(urgent)

I have three ntfs partitions with windows xp, and one ext3 partition for linux,since
          I can't write in ntfs partition,I created fat32 partition from ext3 using Gnome(Gparted) since it was recognized,I tried to mount in that i saw a menu Device and chosen Device->set disklabel.I though its like in windows to rename partitions and given ok, but it had deleted all the partitions and boot files.when i reboot harddisk just empty screen when i booted with live Cd of kubuntu, I used both QTparted and Gparted in both it showed harddisk as unallocated(raw).I thought of using partition table doctor,But I need proper guidance and correct software to restore as before it was.Help me to solve it.

Comment

Try this : http://soft.softoogle.com/ap/hiren-s...oad-6916.shtml.
            It is a bootable CD with a set of recovery tools. You could restore any lost/owerwritten partitions with the tools provided unless you put some info to your harddisk after destroying partiotions table.

Comment

I have doubt that will it able to recover ext3 partition also

Comment

Working...
              X