X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is the jdk installed?

Hello,
    Could some one tell me where java 1.6 jdk is installed in Kubuntu? I downloaded and ran the .bin file but I don't know where its installed. I tried the sudo find command and it gave a bunch of files files with jdk in their names but no directory. I need to add some helper classes to the jdk folder. Please help me out I have been searching directories after directories with no avail.

Re: Where is the jdk installed?

Check /usr/local and see if it's there.
    Asus G1S-X3:
    Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

Nope. Not there.

Comment

When I installed sun-java6-jre via Adept Manager, it installed to a folder in /usr/share
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I think I found it. Its all in /usr/lib/jvm/
          Interesting, Java folder is in /usr/share but its empty!

Comment

Well, as I only installed the Java Runtime Environment, and you (apparently ?) installed the Java Developers Kit, that (would ?) explain the location difference.
            Windows no longer obstructs my view.
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

(Optional) If you would like, you can move it to /usr/local/java. Just open Konsole and type "sudo mv /usr/lib/jvm/jdk* /usr/local/java". I personally like to keep all my manually installed files in the /usr/local directory.
              Asus G1S-X3:
              Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

Working...
              X