This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEED HELP.

will gladly pay you on tuesday for a burger today...I need help ..these are my specs... wireless device will not enable...also need macromedia flash..mp3 player and dvd player also need help.

will donate for time.

arch x86_64
    kernel 2.6.20-16-generic
    kde 3.5.6
    pavilion dv5000
    amd 64 ml-32 800mhz
    100gb hdd
    1gb ram

Re: NEED HELP.

just go to adpapt manager, type in flash in search and install flash, for mp3/dvd player-> in adapt manager go under audio/video and select everething for mp3/dvd. for you wireless adapter, make sure your drivers are installed and it is detecting wireless signal. You could also wait untill ubuntu releases a newer version that might fix your wireless or try out ubuntu, it is much more polished than kubuntu.

Comment

thanks for reply.. can you roll back or uninstall feisty fawn and go with ubuntu?

Comment

since you are using kubuntu forums, I guess you have kubuntu installed which is based on kde 3.xx. The best way to switch to ubuntu is either install it side by side with kubuntu or just do a clean install. Also use ubuntu 7.04 which is a feisty fawn.

if you have earlier edition of ubuntu 6.xx installed then you will download ubuntu 7.04 you will have the option to upgrade. But the best option do a clean install.

Comment

thanks...I might be unclear...i have 7.04 installed...what I need are the plugins for my kaffine dvd player...not sure what to use for mp3s but amrok plugins are missing to..I tryed what the first guy said..I adept and installed EVERYTHING under search tile dvd and mp3..nothing of all i installed worked. still ask me for plugin when I pop in dvd...and my wireless cadr...how and where can i start with that one?

this is the error i get:

03:04:23 PM: xine: couldn't find demux for >dvd:///dev/hdc<
          03:04:18 PM: xine: found input plugin : DVD Navigator

Comment

Click Applications → Add/Remove. In the top right, change the setting to All available applications. Then select Other in the left panel and then select the Ubuntu restricted extras package. Click OK. refresh your list and search type codec, download all of them.

To play most DVDs you'll need the libdvdcss2 package

Comment

Working...
            X