X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

changing panel setting

Hi guys,
    I got two panels one at the top other at the bottom. Bottom one is the default one(is there from the beaning) I added the upper one. Now I want to change the size of the upper one.

How can I do that. cause every time I right click the upper panel and try to change the size lower one gets modified. >

any suggestions?

Re: changing panel setting

Do Alt-F2 and enter
    Code:
     kcontrol
    This will open the KDE Control Panel. If you're a person who likes to diddle the desktop setup frequently, you might want to just add this to your KMenu/System folder.

In Kcontrol, click "Desktop" and then "Panels". This is where you can do all kinds of crazy arrangements with your main panel, and also add a "dock application bar".

If you got that upper panel by right-clicking the desktop, and choosing "configure desktop" and then "behavior" and then "menu bar at top of screen", you probably want to turn that off, and then use Kcontrol to put a dock application barl at the top that will work independently from your kicker panel at the bottom.

HTH

Comment

I did mine by using the configure panels option and then choosing the panel I wanted to change from the drop down box in the configure KDE-Panel dialogue box.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark76
        I did mine by using the configure panels option
        Heh ... I just looked -- that is exactly the same GUI window as you get from KControl/Desktop/Panels !

Comment

thanks guys,
          I don't know how I missed that drop down box.

one more problem solved

Comment

Working...
          X