Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Konqueror pauses shortly when on Internet - (strange problem)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Konqueror pauses shortly when on Internet - (strange problem)

This might be interesting for Linux gurus. I have a need to solve this problem as you understand, cuz it's almost all about Internet.
    If this help, i downloaded some themes from kde.org and played bit with in-built kubuntu themes and downloaded some backgrounds before problem appeared. I don't think that has anything to do with the problem.
    It might be harddisk failure. Everything else works fine. Also my windows works fine which is on a separate harddisk. i don't have dual boot. i change bios settings if i want to switch between linux and windows.

Konqueror works fine locally. As soon as i go on Internet and click on links it pauses for 3-4 seconds and then loads the page. if i search on google for something it doesn't pause (cuz it's not a link i guess).
    The same is the case for Firefox.

I mean, what's the deal?

Re: Konqueror pauses shortly when on Internet - (strange problem)

Page loading 'delays' are not uncommon in ANY browser, and more so, if you have 1) a slow processor, 2) not a lot of RAM, 3) both, or 4) you are visiting web sites that LOTS of high-quality, large size graphics that have to be loaded.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
      Page loading 'delays' are not uncommon in ANY browser, and more so, if you have 1) a slow processor, 2) not a lot of RAM, 3) both, or 4) you are visiting web sites that LOTS of high-quality, large size graphics that have to be loaded.
      I have 2.6 Gz processor, 512 Ram, and every page i visit delays.
      I've been using Kubuntu for quite some time. It never delayed.
      And i also hear some strange sound from inside the computer, that must be from harddrive. Like spinning, every 2 seconds, i don't hear it on windows. I know i could solve the problem reinstaling it all, but that is expensive in time.
      how do i run check disk on linux?

Comment

How much disk space did you set aside for Kubuntu installation? The following command will show you the size, used, and available space on your system:
        Code:
        df -h -T
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
          How much disk space did you set aside for Kubuntu installation? The following command will show you the size, used, and available space on your system:
          Code:
          df -h -T
          Filesystem Type Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
          /dev/sda1 ext3 9,2G 4,6G 4,3G 52% /
          varrun tmpfs 248M 108K 248M 1% /var/run
          varlock tmpfs 248M 0 248M 0% /var/lock
          procbususb usbfs 248M 108K 248M 1% /proc/bus/usb
          udev tmpfs 248M 108K 248M 1% /dev
          devshm tmpfs 248M 0 248M 0% /dev/shm
          lrm tmpfs 248M 33M 215M 14% /lib/modules/2.6.20-16-generic/volatile

It must be somewhere deep in kubuntu settings - the delay.
          i looked in konqueror settings, it has delay for reloading/redirecting.
          Didn't worked out.

EDIT: This was the strangest thing ever. Now it's working, all by itself.
          It doesn't delay. 8) I guess my Kubuntu can think too and decide for itself,
          i shouldn't have doubt it.

Comment

Working...
          X