This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baffling Email problem

I really don't know where to ask this question. I don't know where the problem is. I don't know if it is a linux problem, an internet problem, a mail client problem, a kubuntu problem, or what. I have googled and searched the forums for hours with no results.

If I forward an email from one account (Yahoo, for example) to myself at another of my email accounts (Gmail for example) it goes to my account and I can read it using the web interface for that account. But if I use a client such as Thunderbird or Kmail to download my new messages it does not download. Associated with this, is a problem I have with a mailing list. If I post a message or reply to a message on my favorite mail list, I never receive my own posts. I get all of the other posts fine, I even get the replies to my post, but I don't receive my own posts. The list master is a good friend of mine, and he has searched his log files which show that the posts were sent and delivered. None of the posts bounced, but I never receive them.

This leads me to believe, that somewhere there is a filter that is keeping me from getting any "FWD" post that contains my email address as the sender. Posts that have not be FWD" show up OK. Posts that are "FWD" from someone other than myself show up OK. BTW the list is using "Mailman". The host is running linux. Everything was working fine up until a couple of months ago, then this anomaly started. No one else subscribed to the list is having a problem, the list master and I have been round and round with tracepath and whatever else we could think of with no joy. I have double and triple checked all of my pop settings, filters, spam settings and everything else and I just can't put my finger on the problem.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Re: Baffling Email problem

Try to access your pop mail with a live CD.
    When it works you'll have to check your local settings.

Comment

Working...
    X