This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Network Monitoring Tool/Software

I am looking to replace our aged WhatsUp monitoring software (running on WinNT) with a newer Linux package. I have just upgraded to Kubuntu Feisty myself and am very happy with its stability and ease of operation. Although still learning Linux, I am convinced its the way to go. I am being asked to see if there is a free Linux alternative to WhatsUp and have so far found Nagios and Zenoss as options as they look very robust and professional. Before I do any more research, does anyone have any suggestion (I am not lazy, just am practical in not re-inventing the wheel!)? As in WhatsUp, we require the following:

- Web Based Admin
    - text/email alerts
    - monitor servers and routers (via SNMP, ICMP, PING Latency, etc)
    - On Cisco routers, selection of seperate interfaces/sub-interfaces (not just the router's ethernet address)

I appreciate any suggestions.

Cheers!

Andy

Re: Network Monitoring Tool/Software

This might get you going:
    http://www.linuxtoday.com/infrastruc...82700326OSHLNT

Welcome
    HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
    4 GB Ram
    Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Re: Network Monitoring Tool/Software

That will assist, however I need something a bit more graphical and accessible via a web interface. I have technicians that need to be alerted when a remote cisco router or server is down. As of now, they get alerted from WhatsUp to their cellphone via text messaging. Then they can also look online at a webpage that confirms this or they can go in an silence alerts while they work, etc). I was hoping to have something like mentioned before that also provided graphing, although we are pretty happy using Cacti.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!

Andy

Comment

Working...
      X