This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharp Camcorder.

What program would I use to download movies from my Sharp VL-WD650 digital video Camcorder? I have some 10 year old movies of my son that my x-wife wants. I would like to download and copy to CD or DVD. They include sound. My system is Kubuntu 7.04 and I have KDE 3.5.6. Thanks for any help. stevenvollom@sbcglobal.net

Re: Sharp Camcorder.

Digikam is available in Adept Manager:

digital photo management application for KDE

Digikam is an easy to use and powerful digital photo management application, which makes importing, organizing and manipulating, tagging and searching digital photos a "snap". An easy to use interface is provided to connect to your digital camera, preview the images and download and/or delete them.

Digikams builtin image editor makes common photo corrections a simple task. It is extensible via the plugins provided by the digikamimageplugins package.

Digikam can also make use of the KIPI image handling plugins to extend it's capabilities even further for photo manipulations, im- and export, etc. The kipi-plugins package contains many very useful extensions.

Homepage: http://www.digikam.org
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

There are several apps for video editing and dvd authoring.

Kino--Qdvdauthor--Kmediafactory--Mandvd--Avidmux__and more.

K3b will burn them when your ready.

eriefisher
      ~$sudo make me a sandwich

Comment

If you re-read this after all this time. Thank you very much for the help. I am older and have memory problems. I am ashamed to say that I forgot this post and just found it. Please forgive my bad manners and Thanks again!!!! Steven

Comment

Working...
        X