This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I broke it, Again!

When I was using the Adept Manager to install some stuff, it had some kind of error and crashed. Now when I open it again it says its already open and I cannot make any changes with it. It even persists after a restart. I never did figure out how to fix that and just reinstalled everything, this time I wonder if theire is a simpler solution.
    As to deserving, know that the gift of Heaven is free; this gift of Knowledge is so great that no effort whatever could hope to 'deserve' it.

Re: I broke it, Again!

Close all windows that have anything to do with installing packages, open your Konsole, and enter

Code:
    sudo dpkg --configure -a
    then, one at a time

Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install
    Code:
    sudo apt-get autoclean
    That should put you back in operation.

Comment

Thanx, I love you. Although I feel kinda bad now that all I needed to fix it was 4 commands. I feel dumb.
      As to deserving, know that the gift of Heaven is free; this gift of Knowledge is so great that no effort whatever could hope to 'deserve' it.

Comment

Originally posted by irmis

I feel dumb.
        Don't feel dumb, unless it happens a second time ...

First time is for learning.

Comment

One more thing. Because KDE tries to restore the system state after reboot, a crashed application that doesn't get completely shut down can be restored even after a reboot. ctrl + escape will bring up ksysgaurd and you can force down anything that might be locking your package database.
          FKA: tanderson

Comment

I wonder how many people either have or will be copying this formula for future use. There’d be a lot more had you put Adept Repair as the Topic title!
            Of course, personally, I’m just reading here for intellectual reasons . . .
            (Tell all: I’ve had this problem often and never can recall where I place the fix among my odt documents . . .This time I filed it alphabetically under Adept repair . . . 8) )
            An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Working...
            X