This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sound problems

I've installed Real player for Linux, because i wanted something that played .rm files.
    Anyway, so if i'm using VLC, or loading videos on youtube (i have really show internet) it won't play the sound for the video playing. I don't know why this happens, as Amarok plays files just fine..

Another Amarok issue. As i'd mentioned before..it does not play songs with special characters maybe? because the files that i have are normal .mp3 files and play just fine with Winamp on Windows..

i'll put a screen capture pic later..

Re: Sound problems

Originally posted by mushroom_cloud
    Another Amarok issue. As i'd mentioned before..it does not play songs with special characters maybe? because the files that i have are normal .mp3 files and play just fine with Winamp on Windows..
    How to play MP3 files
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

No, i have the mp3 support and i play all my other mp3s on Amarok. This file has special characters and i think that's the reason is not being played.

Comment

When i try to play it on Amarok,

this is what i get:
        This file does not exist: /media/sda6/Music/Sigur Ros - Diskographie/Sigur Ros - Agaetis Byrjun/Sigur R¢s-Ag‘tis Byrjun-01-Intro.mp3

Comment

Never heard about amarok not playing songs with special characters. I have songs with japanese writing in it and it works fine.It might be a bug but thats unlikely so try and update amarok. See if that helps...
          Kubuntu Gutsy Gibbon - Registered Linux User--> # 15709

Comment

Yup, it's the special characters. I'd replace them with their non-accented counterparts, i.e. "ó" would become "o".
            For external use only.

Comment

Okay so it is as i suspected. i'd read something about linux not recognizing special characters. Thanks!

Comment

Oh, most things will work just fine. I bet that it's Amarok using one encoding where it should be using another.
                For external use only.

Comment

Aye, I've just fired up Amarok and it is playing Sigur Rós- Lagið í gær just fine, I'm using standard Kubuntu install and the special characters (to me )didn't cause any problem.

Comment

Working...
                  X