This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

adept is not so adept.

I am trying to use adept to find some software packages that I know exists, but they do not show up.

For example, I know that openOffice has a draw application, but it doesn't show. Also, I can't find mono - only monodevelope.

What might I be doing wrong?

SteveJ

Re: adept is not so adept.

The openoffice.org-draw package is in my package list, as is mono 1.2.3.1. I wonder if you've got all the needed repos enabled?

Comment

Originally posted by dibl
      The openoffice.org-draw package is in my package list, as is mono 1.2.3.1. I wonder if you've got all the needed repos enabled?

Thank you for the reply;

I probably don't. I tried playing around a bit to see if there was a way to enable more repositories, but I didn't see anything. I just installed this morning, so everything is fresh out of the box.

Steve

Comment

Open Adept. Click on Adept (top menu bar) and select Manage Repositories

Several tabs there, where you can enable repositories not so enabled, and if desired, add additional repositories.
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Which Adept are you using? If you are using Add/Remove Programs (Adept Installer), some items do not show up in their usual names. Better try Adept Manager instead.

Btw, since OpenOffice.org is installed by default, so is OpenOffice.org Draw. On my Feisty, it's actually in the K Menu -> Lost & Found menu.
          Jucato's Data Core

Comment

Originally posted by Jucato
            Btw, since OpenOffice.org is installed by default, so is OpenOffice.org Draw. On my Feisty, it's actually in the K Menu -> Lost & Found menu.
            That's interesting. My OO Draw also was in the L&F. Wonder why? Just edited the K Menu and put it back where it belongs, under Office.

Comment

In previous versions of Kubuntu, Draw wasn't even in the menus. Period. Must be a bug somewhere.
              Jucato's Data Core

Comment

Originally posted by Jucato
                Must be a bug somewhere.
                Darn bugs! > Where's my Raid.

Comment

Over here we have Baygon... Unfortunately they haven't developed a digital version yet.

Sorry for the offtopic hehehe.
                  Jucato's Data Core

Comment

Ah, that was it (above). I was using adept installer instead of adept manager - silly me.

Thanks,

SteveJ

Comment

Working...
                    X