This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Kubuntu support Monodevelop?

Hello all. Pretty new to Linux so please be gentle in your response. I'm playing with the live CDs tryint to decide if I want Ubuntu or Kubuntu. I like the look and feel of Kubuntu better, but don't seem to find monodevelop after doing a "sudo apt-cache search mono". I see a "mono-devel", but I'm not sure that it is the same thing.

Is monodevelop supported in KDE, or is it only for GNOME, in which case I will need Ubuntu.

Thanks,

SteveJ

Re: Does Kubuntu support Monodevelop?

We are usually gentle in this forums . Even I am, probably the worse here, usually nice.

BTW, linux programs will run in a linux machine independent if they are Gnome, KDE, or any other kind of program. I mean you can run monodevelop in KDE and Amarok in gnome just fine.

Of course, programs integrate better with the Destop environment for what they are programed. For example Krita will use KDE save menus, but Gimp gnome ones.

Ubuntu and Kubuntu use the same repositories, that means that the same programs are available for both systems. They just have different defaults.

Monodevelop should just there on my adept. It's on the universe repos.

Javier.

Comment

Thank you for the reply. I wonder if the reason that I didn't see it in adept or apt-get was that I was I am running the LiveCD installed of "installed"?

Thanks,

SteveJ

Comment

Two things I think I should mention: One, apt-cache doesn't require sudo (at least not for search). Two, I recently found this, a little wrapper to use the KDE "file open" dialogs in some GTK apps. Now if only they could get the rest of the app in Qt...
        For external use only.

Comment

Working...
        X