This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

usenet client reader

just installed kubuntu feisty fawn early this week.....did i miss something? where is the usenet reader?

does anyone know of a good usenet reader ? (i have just switched from windows and am unfamiliar with many good linux programs)

many thanks,

Re: usenet client reader

Here's a list you can go through and see if you can find what you are looking for

http://www.newsreaders.com/unix/clients.html
    Registered Linux User #418555<br />Kubuntu User #9254<br /><br />aptosid 2010-01 Xfce / aptosid 2010-01 KDE-Lite<br />Debian Wheezy Xfce / Kubuntu 10.04<br />aptosid 2011-01 Xfce / aptosid 2011-01 KDE-Lite<br />Debian Testing Gnome<br />Debian Sid Gnome<br />Epidemic 3.2<br />ALL pulseaudio free by default

Comment

Searching Adept Manager by description (un-check the Match: package name box) yields several usnet reader packages.
      Windows no longer obstructs my view.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

thanks all, i was looking to see if anyone out there had any preferred readers and why so, but i've done some searching and it looks like klibido is pretty decent

Comment

Personally I like Thunderbird for the text groups as I already use it for mail.
          And the beta version of PAN is a damn good binaries reader, the so-called stable release is useless on very large groups.

Comment

I have been using klibido for about 1.5 years and have had good success with it. I have even dipped my toe into kde/qt programming and wrote a feature to automatically update the subscribed groups. The only thing to watch out for is corrupting the database files with a forced termination of the app while downloading. The next release is supposed to have database transactions to cure this problem, but development has been idle for the last year.
            FKA: tanderson

Comment

Working...
            X