This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Perl Audio Converter

As part of my on going and triumphant effort to be independent from the clutches of windows, i ask you the following questions;

I need to convert my .mp3 files into 64 bit .wma files in order to cram them into my mp3 player (it's a 256mb!) and i normally use the Creative Mediasource software on Windows. I would like to find an equally convenient substitute for it on Kubuntu which does not involve the command line (for converting) Please do give your suggestions if you have come across this problem.

I found a good converter here:
    [link]http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php/Perl+Audio+Converter?content=25766[/link]
    I'm clueless though, one of the screenshots shows Amarok converting files, that would be perfect for me. Could someone please tell me how to install this application on my machine so i could use it with Amarok?

Another unrelated query:
    I cannot play any .wmv file. I use VLC player as well as Kaffiene (and real player for linux) and all of these do not support .wmv files. Help!

Re: Help with Perl Audio Converter

There's a deb available (link). Just download, then right-click on it > Kubuntu Package Menu > Install Package. Enter your password, and off it goes.

Amarok has a script for transcoding that may be easier. Open up Amarok > Tools > Script Manager > Get More Scripts. Find "transkode", and install that. From now on, there should be an entry in the script manager under Transcoding named "transKode". Just run this, insert files to be transcoded into the playlist, select them, right-click > TransKode.

You'll probably need to set up an entry for transcoding to WMA, but I don't know of something that does this.

Oh, and for general use, you'll probably want to install the w32codecs package. Use Adept after following these instructions.
    For external use only.

Comment

Re: Help with Perl Audio Converter

Thanks for that.

Comment

Working...
      X