This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backing up my Kubuntu

Hi all. I want to know how can I back up my Kubuntu Fiesty Fawn system. I have a HP Pavilion Dv2000 AMD Processor Turion 64 x2. I have been having a lot of problems with it since there is not much stuff out there for the 64 bit processor. I want to back up my system I try other Linux OS's and see if they are al the same. Also I am thinking of re-installing Kubuntu and try and get at least some stuff working. I also want to know if it is possible to just back up my beryl setting also. But I would really appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

Nikk

Re: Backing up my Kubuntu

They most certainly are not the same!
    The best way to try out a distro is a LiveCD. Though this doesn't give you the entire experience, you don't have to back anything up.

That said, if you want to back up your system, invest in another hard drive or a DVD burner, and many free utilities will take it from there. First place to look would be the repositories.
    For external use only.

Comment

There's a useful tutorial here:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=35087

Comment

"Plan B" (if applicable): http://www.penguin.ch/dokuwiki/doku.php/debian:save

Comment

Hi al thanks for all the reply. I will try them all. Thanks a lot

Comment

What's up? I am one of the new guys and I had a similar question. The utility that I am using is Keep. That is the back up utility for KDE and you can use it to back up your files. This was my two cents to the conversation.
            You can get me Using Threema: B6WSCFVY
            Mastodon: @pookito@latinos.social
            Jabber: pookito@neko.im

Comment

Mondo Rescue - GPL disaster recovery solution

The above will create a bootable backup of the system.
              &quot;Live Outside The Square You Live In&quot;<br />&quot;Vivez hors du quartier où vous habitez&quot;

Comment

Provided you havent stored things in any unusual locations ( ie out side of home ) just back up your home dirc, that will do, or better yet buy a cheap ( small external 10 GB HDD ) and use that as a tester for potenial OS's
                Thanks:<br />Using a Toshiba A300-21H ,3GB ram,Intel Core2Duo 2Ghz,Mobile Intel® GMA 4500MHD,intel wifi link 5100. Tux wants you!

Comment

Just to add some two cents more.

I have used partimage[d] quite often to back-up full systems and to transfer then to another computer.

It has some advantages over plain dd, only copies used parts, automatically compression, daemon mode and pretty text-based interface.

http://www.partimage.org/Main_Page

javier.

Comment

Working...
                  X