This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need lots of help

To make a long story short i was trying to get some of my games i found on the adept installer to work, so i stared installing random opengl libraries and sdl bindings. this got my flight simulator and a few other things to work but something really screwed up beryl. i tried deleting some of the libraries that looked like i didn't need them but when i went to apply the changes it started deleting a bunch of my programs including, acidrip, beryl and it started getting rid of my default window manager and i closed it. the computer seemed fine and was running ok (minus the programs i lost) until a box came up requesting something about the default window manager for kubuntu, i wasn't sure what to do i read the message clicked the box and kubuntu started to shut down. when i turned it back on all i got after logging on was a backround picture and the console and i have no idea what to do. PLEASE HELP ME!

Re: Need lots of help

Yep, that's the failsafe KDE session. You messed something up.
    Post the result of "grep WW /var/log/Xorg.0.log && grep EE /var/log/Xorg.0.log".
    For external use only.

Comment

Re: Need lots of help

well i decided to try and reinstall beryl in attemp to get a window manager so i could do something. unfortunately it started freaking out i tried hitting alt f4 to close beryl, but it closed the console. now even after a restart it won't show the console exept in recovery mode.

Comment

Working...
      X