Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aptitude VS Adept/Synaptic (divergence in dependencies)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aptitude VS Adept/Synaptic (divergence in dependencies)

When I run "aptitude -f install" in a command line, it shows some dependencies broken, mainly those related to Xorg and Ubuntu-minimal, from which I remove uneeded ttf fonts (thai, japanese, chinese...) and video drivers that my nvidia card doesn't need (it tries to reinstall everything again). It even wants to remove Cedega.
    On the other hand, Synaptic says that there are 0 broken dependencies, and installs/removes/updates programs normally.
    Anyone else experienced this?

Re: Aptitude VS Adept/Synaptic (divergence in dependencies)

I haven't seen it. Try "apt-get update", "apt-get upgrade", and "apt-get autoremove" (but check over the list of things to remove).
    For external use only.

Comment

They go without any kind of error.
      Running "aptitude -f install" and paying attention to what is broken, I see:
      linux-image-amd64-k8

This is the defective package. Since the kernel-generic obsoletes it, I don't have it. Why should I?

Comment

The broken dependency problem is solved, but "aptitude -f install" still wants to remove "cedega-small", automatically install "transcode-doc", install a bunch of new packages, and remove "kde-hal-device-manager kde-style-comix kde-style-klearlook kde-style-serenity ksysv kwin-style-alphacube kwin-style-blended kwin-style-dekorator kwin-style-knifty kwin-style-powder
        kwin-style-serenity".
        Don't understand why, everything runs just fine.

Comment

Working...
        X