This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow or Crash After Inactivity

I'll goto bed, or go to the gym for a few hours / whatever, and come back and my computer appears to be dying (physically, fortunately, it is not). I can move the mouse around normally, but as soon as I click any task, it will either not open at all and basically crash my entire computer (it just stops responding to keyboard / mouse completely), or part of the window might open, allow me to type something in a focused text area and then die shortly after... etc... the odd time I can give it 3-10 minutes and things will slowly start responding like normal. If I click on a minimized program, then the start menu, then move some files around on my desktop... nothing will happen then a few minutes after when it starts working again, everything will happen very quickly in the order I clicked around.

I usually just come back to my room and kick the reset button now, and it's really starting to get irritating, it's as if my computer is going into some type of hibernation after x amount of minutes as this does not occur while I'm using it. I've left KDE open without opening any new programs, went to bed and the same thing occurs; and my CPU remains at 3-4% while this is occuring, so it's not as if my computer is freaking out and lagging crazily, it's as if it's sleeping - decides to wake up after a few minutes or just sits there and waits for me to restart it. Any and all help would be extremely appreciated.

Re: Slow or Crash After Inactivity

Maybe the problem is not the CPU, it's memory. How much memory do you have, what's the usage look like, and do you have any known memory-hog programs like Firefox open?
    For external use only.

Comment

Working...
    X