This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google services

It might be a good idea to ask Google for full support for Konqueror and KMail by their services (Gmail is still a beta-version). If enough people ask, they will realize that the free software community is important.

Re: Google services

Gmail does support Konqueror. Just tell it to send a different browser identification to mail.google.com.
    I don't know how KMail couldn't support Gmail, it'd just download mail via POP3 (Gmail doesn't support IMAP, though this is being requested).
    For external use only.

Comment

Originally posted by SheeEttin
      Gmail does support Konqueror. Just tell it to send a different browser identification to mail.google.com.
      I don't know how KMail couldn't support Gmail, it'd just download mail via POP3 (Gmail doesn't support IMAP, though this is being requested).
      For example, KMail (or Gmail) suddenly stops downloading big mails with attachments (~ 2-5 MB) via POP3 from Gmail in the middle, and sending not big mails with attachments (~ 100-200 KB) via SMTP port 587 (due to Google instructions) hangs systematically also in the middle (the both case are very unpleasnt). The same KMail processes such mails via another mail service without any problems. As far as Konqueror concerned, there was the subject here:
      http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...77171#msg77171

Comment

I'd get in touch with Google about that (or post to the Google Groups group on Gmail). I used Gmail with Thunderbird for a while, and it worked fine.
        For external use only.

Comment

Originally posted by SheeEttin
          I'd get in touch with Google about that (or post to the Google Groups group on Gmail).
          Google's HelpCenter has promised support for the browsers and MUAs on its compatibility lists forwarding proplems with others to the respective developers. It seems Konqueror and KMail deserve Google's acceptance along with kubuntu community approval of that, isn't it?

Comment

Working...
          X